What is it?
The Haven Retreat is run by the same team as The Haven but caters to people over 18, with or without mental illness. We have support channels, topic chats, and specialized chats like parenting mental illness. We are at 700+ members and growing.
Everyone 18+ is welcome! If you’re looking for support, to help others, or just somewhere to meet people, you’ve found the right place. We are experienced in running large servers and aim to maintain a safe space for the greatest number of people possible.
Everyone 18+ is welcome but please, no research, pure promotion, or writers looking for inspiration. We do partner with other servers and we have a self-promo channel as well. Please read the rules below before you join the chat.
Always be mindful of your own triggers and use common sense.
1) All advice and diagnoses are to be considered anecdotal. We are not medical professionals and if you require immediate attention please call the crisis hotline in your area.
2) Because we are not medical professionals we cannot offer medical advice, which includes but is not limited to physical health issues.
3) Do not suggest that another member harm themselves. This is an immediate ban.
4) Do not advertise or solicit. This includes solicitation of illegal drugs (like asking where you can get some). You may only post self-promotions in the self-promo channel.
5) Respect your fellow users. No harassment or trolling of any kind. Slurs and derogatory language are not allowed.
6) Usernames and avatars must be appropriate for a mental health server. No NSFL (not safe for life) or other triggering content.
7) Do not send unsolicited DMs, ask the person in a public channel first. If you have a question for the Team, you can post it in #🌟server-questions🌟 or DM a mod or an admin. Team DMs are always open for server related issues, but not support.
8) If someone blocks you, please do not request that other people find out why for you. Respect boundaries.
9) No guilt tripping anyone.
10) Do not flood or spam the channel.
11) Do not post or share personal information of others.
12) Do not post NSFW (not safe for work) links or images outside of the NSFW channels.
13) We do not allow images of genitalia in any medium or pornographic, explicit imagery.
14) Photos of injuries, self inflicted or otherwise, are not allowed and will be removed.
15) Do not post NSFL content at all. This includes body horror as it may be triggering.
16) Images or talk of animal cruelty or intended violence against others are not allowed, and will result in either a warning or a ban based on the discretion of the moderating team.
17) Be mindful of triggers. This means that you will not intentionally set off other users. Be kind and be respectful. If someone asks you to refrain from a triggering behavior, listen. Not doing so will result in a warning.
18) We are a religion and politics free zone in all channels except #religion and #politics.
19) Please note that the team may sometimes ask that a discussion to be moved to DM. Please comply with these requests.
20) The team reserve the right to remove any disruptive users with or without warning.
21) We have a 3 warnings and you're out policy. On your third warning from the team, you will be banned from the server.
22) Please allow moderators to handle tricky situations; if you have any input, it should be shared privately with the Team. If you have an issue with a specific moderating decision or event, please talk with another moderator or an admin. Willfully ignoring a moderator's request may result in further action.
23) Team members do not provide support via DM.
24) Avoiding the automod will result in a warning. If something gets auto modded, don't repeat it to avoid the filter.
25) Obviously attempting to circumvent the rules will result in either a warning or a ban depending on the seriousness of the rule being avoided.
26) Please do not @Team unless it is an urgent issue that requires immediate attention and intervention.
27) At this time, we do not support pedophiliac disorders. If you are seeking help, please try https://www.virped.org/giving-getting-help.html.
28) Soliciting of romantic or sexual activity is not allowed in any channel. Failure to follow this rule may include consequences up to and including a ban.
29) Attacking someone because of their nationality, accent, religion, orientation or identity is absolutely not allowed and will result in a warning or a ban depending on the severity of the situation.
30) Members who claim to be in the healthcare profession are not vetted by the staff of this server and any advice given should be taken as anecdotal. For medical professionals who offer support, please do not announce your vocation while doing so.
31) Real life images of weaponry are not allowed. Video game captures are allowed within reason, so long as they adhere to the rest of the rules.
32) Team members and supports are helping this community in their free time. Any unwarranted negative behavior towards them or nonconstructive feedback will result in a final warning or a ban.
33) If you are banned from Haven Retreat, you are also banned from The Haven, and vice versa.
These rules are not to be interpreted how you like. There are no loopholes. Anyone claiming to not be breaking the rules due to it "not being in the rules" will receive an appropriate consequence.
If you have issues with anyone or anything on this server, please DM an Admin or a Mod with all the relevant details. We cannot help anyone if we are not aware of an issue.